Sunday, January 6, 2013

Tutorial: Felt Fortune Cookie Valentines





Hi there! I am back again with a new tutorial! I hope you like it! OK, so to make these super easy adorable Valentines, you will need the following supplies:
  • Felt (I used red but you can use any color you want, I also used 3 sheets to make 18 Valentines)
  • Ribbon
  • Pipe cleaners (you will need about 3 sticks to make 18)
  • Hot glue gun with lots of glue!
  • Scissors
  • Plain white paper (2 sheets for 18)
  • Valentine's Day stamp ( I found mine in the craft section of Wal-Mart and it was only $1!)
  • Stamp Pad
  • Pen
First things first, you need to create your "fortunes". I did this by stamping a sweet little stamp many times on my paper, then I signed them (love, so and so) and cut them out. They ended up being about 2-2.5 in by 3-4 in.

 


Next you need to fold them in half hot dog style and in half again to get them to be the correct
"fortune" size.


Now we move on to the felt. I cut my felt in half hot dog style then cut those pieces into 3 equal pieces. Next I cut out my circles, I free-handed them but you could definitely use a template to make a perfect circle. I found that they worked out a little better the more oval they were. My circles measured about 4" in diameter.


After you have your circles cut out, you can cut your pipe cleaners. Cut them to fit a little smaller than the diameter of the circle. Then hot glue them down along the middle of your circle.




Next cut out some ribbon (about 6" long) and create a loop by gluing one side down at a time.




Fold your circle in half so that the pipe cleaner and ribbon are in the middle and hot glue across the top to close. Make sure you leave enough room to slide in your fortune!

Slide in your fortune.





Fold your Cookies! Bend them in half so that they look like real fortune cookies!





Tada, you are done!


 
 

A tip I have for you, create an assembly line, especially if you are making a lot of them! It makes it go by super fast!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment